Web Developer / User Experience Designer¶
(MS in Software Engineering)
Web design and development encompasses many disparate technologies, concepts, and patterns. Beyond an initial consideration of HTML and CSS, engineering a modern web app, site, and cloud infrastructure requires a clear appreciation and understanding of the myriad options for modern web development. UI and UX design also play a key role in creating an appealing and engaging web application.
It’s a fun, direct application of software engineering design and practices, providing clear, discernible skills for prospective job seekers.
Consider these courses:
- COMP 424: Client-Side Web Design
- COMP 436: Markup Languages
- COMP 441: Human-Computer Interface Design
- COMP 453: Database Programming
- COMP 413: Intermediate Object-Oriented Development
- COMP 460: Algorithms and Complexity
- COMP 433: Web Services Programming (useful)
- Required COMP 417: Social, Legal, and Ethical Issues in Computing and 2-3 electives
Back to MS Career Paths