COMP 433: Web Services Programming¶
- COMP 413: Intermediate Object-Oriented Development
- COMP 442: Server-Side Software Development (highly recommended)
- instructor permission if prerequisite is missing
All MS students are expected to have completed the undergraduate prerequisites:
- COMP 163: Discrete Structures
- COMP 170: Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- COMP 264: Introduction to Computer Systems
- COMP 271: Data Structures
Students can obtain these prerequisites by taking the COMP 388: Topics in Computer Science sequence.
Please note that MS IT students are expected to complete all prerequisites before taking any course in CS or the Quinlan School of Business. (This includes any additional prerequisites required by Quinlan.)
Web services are building blocks for enterprise applications that use open data exchange standards and transport protocols to exchange data with calling clients. This course studies the architectures, frameworks, and tools required to develop and compose web services and clients, as well as integrate service-oriented systems with legacy systems.